Welcome

I have been on a journey to a happier and healthier lifestyle. In 2007, I was bed ridden due to an infection and although I was already obese, I gained more weight and topped out at 500 pounds. I began writing about health and fitness after I suffered Congestive Heart Failure and Respiratory Failure in February 2009. I currently have lost over 150 pounds and continue to walk toward my goals. I am a member of Weight Watchers and I am top contributor on the Weight Watchers site. Here is a link to my Weight Watchers blog. I hope my blogs inspire you and help you realize miracles do happen and your goals are achievable. Take care and God bless you.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Blurt: Hate Drinking Water?


WATER, I HATE IT! Well, at least I used to. I had to force myself in the beginning to drink it. Everyone says, “Drink plenty of water when you are on a diet.” Trying to drink eight glasses of water a day on any stupid diet was just killing me. I knew it was good for my health. However, I also know this was one of the things in the past that used to make me come off of my diet. I had to have a soft drink and I hated diet soft drinks, still do. It is just not the same. Part of the reason I came off of the diets in the past was because I thought of them as diets, not a lifestyle change like I talked about in my article, Blurt on “Dieting". However, having to drink water, I really hated that, yuck!

Now I find that drinking water on my diet is not so bad. I actually enjoy a glass of ice cold water, whether it is good for my health or not. It is so much better when it has ice in it or is cold out of the refrigerator. I keep a picture of water in my fridge so I have some all of the time. I usually finish a picture a day. In fact, I think I will pour me a glass right now. Yummy, this water is good. Nice and cold, just the way I like it.

I still drink regular soft drinks occasionally even though they may not be the best thing for my health. However, I do not drink them every day. I drink those, maybe, twice a month, if that. I try to keep some sugar substitute and some of the sugar-free drink powders on hand for when I am in the mood for something besides water. This helps me stay on my diet and satisfies me. As I stated yesterday, you cannot expect to be able to stay on your diet and keep on track if you deny yourself the things that you enjoy. I enjoy regular soft drinks and I know that I will drink them from time to time. I do not like diet soft drinks and there is no use in me trying to kid myself. Learning your diet is how you will live for the rest of your life is so important. IT IS A LIFESTYLE CHANGE! Have I said it enough yet? Is it sinking in yet?

If you are a tea and/or coffee drinker, that is okay. You still need to drink water, maybe more to wash out the caffeine. I enjoy tea and coffee myself and have a glass or cup too. I drink my coffee black and I use a sugar substitute in my tea. I find a cup of coffee or tea in the morning helps me start my day. (I know it is probably the caffeine, but I will not blurt on the ill effects of caffeine on health today. I have not had any today to energize me). Also, I enjoy a glass of iced tea from time to time with my meals. I do not feel that these are as bad for you on your diet as long as you still are drinking some water. I think if you substitute two or three glasses of water for these a day it is okay. I drink them on top of the water I already drink.

I drink mine from the tap because I cannot see me wasting my money on somebody else sticking a plastic bottle into a nozzle and filling it up with their tap water. I have my own and it is basically free. Not to mention the poisons the news media have been talking about found in bottled water from the plastic bottles they use. I even read that the water in some of them is not as clean as the water that comes straight from the tap. So if you are going to spend your money on bottled water, I would make sure it is spring water, not just plain water. Otherwise, buy yourself a water filter, if you are concerned about taste or have health concerns about straight tap water.

So if you hate drinking water like I did, try easing yourself into it. I know the more I drank water the more I started to like it. Try using ice. Try bottled water or filtered water. Try flavored water or some of the drink powders. If you do not like one flavor, try another. The main thing is your body needs water, it is good for your health, and it will help you on your diet. Good luck to all of you. Keep me up to date on your progress. God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I really do appreciate them and I always try to visit your blog in return though sometimes it may take me a few days with my busy schedule. Thanks for your understanding.

Sing to the LORD, all the earth;
Proclaim good tidings of His salvation from day to day.

1 Chronicles 16:23

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...