Welcome

I have been on a journey to a happier and healthier lifestyle. In 2007, I was bed ridden due to an infection and although I was already obese, I gained more weight and topped out at 500 pounds. I began writing about health and fitness after I suffered Congestive Heart Failure and Respiratory Failure in February 2009. I currently have lost over 150 pounds and continue to walk toward my goals. I am a member of Weight Watchers and I am top contributor on the Weight Watchers site. Here is a link to my Weight Watchers blog. I hope my blogs inspire you and help you realize miracles do happen and your goals are achievable. Take care and God bless you.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Blurt: Do You Love Cookies?


A lot of people love cookies. I am one of them. There are only a few kinds of cookies I do not like. I’m a firm believer that a balanced diet is a cookie in each hand. However, I said A cookie in each hand. I did not say that you can go eat a whole batch of chocolate chip cookies topped with ice cream and sprinkles. Nor did I say that you can do this every day. What I am saying is if you love cookies the way I love cookies, you must plan them into your healthy diet.

I allow myself extra room in my diet when I’m tracking the foods that I eat to have these little indulgences from time to time. If you do not plan the foods that you love into your diet then I believe you are headed for failure or at least disappointment. You have to live with your diet for the rest of your life. As I’ve said before, it is a lifestyle change. You can maintain good health and still have cookies every now and then.

There are healthier ways you can add them into your diet. You can purchase those snack packs that are only 100 calories a bag. You can use a sugar substitute to make your homemade cookies. You can pre-bag up individual servings of your favorite cookies and snacks. This way you do not grab the whole package and before you know it you have eaten the whole thing. (Anyone remember the Alka-Seltzer® commercial, “I can’t believe I ate the whole thing?”) If cookies are what you love, you can use them as a reward for reaching your small goals.

The main thing is just to be sensible about it and plan your healthy diet around the foods that you love. Do not over indulge. Quit eating when you are full. Your body is sending you a signal, listen to it. Do not keep them in sight as a temptation. You CAN live a healthy life. Just remember what the cartoon Maxine said, “Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Chardonnay in one hand, chocolate in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, “WOO HOO, What a Ride” I wish you continued success on your endeavors. God Bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I really do appreciate them and I always try to visit your blog in return though sometimes it may take me a few days with my busy schedule. Thanks for your understanding.

Sing to the LORD, all the earth;
Proclaim good tidings of His salvation from day to day.

1 Chronicles 16:23

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...