Welcome

I have been on a journey to a happier and healthier lifestyle. In 2007, I was bed ridden due to an infection and although I was already obese, I gained more weight and topped out at 500 pounds. I began writing about health and fitness after I suffered Congestive Heart Failure and Respiratory Failure in February 2009. I currently have lost over 150 pounds and continue to walk toward my goals. I am a member of Weight Watchers and I am top contributor on the Weight Watchers site. Here is a link to my Weight Watchers blog. I hope my blogs inspire you and help you realize miracles do happen and your goals are achievable. Take care and God bless you.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Blurt: Try, Try Again


They say don’t look back and keep moving forward. Persistence overcomes resistance. If at first you don’t succeed, try, try again. Take it one day at a time. Hang in there. Push it to the limit. When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Keep on keeping on. Keep on trucking. All of these contain the same message; keep a positive attitude and no matter the problems you face to continue to follow your path to your goals.

Sometimes it is difficult because we are not seeing the results that we desire. But if we look at our failures as a learning experience than we can do it better the next time around. Every time I fall I am one step closer to achieving my goal. If I make a mistake, I determine what caused me to fail and correct it the next time around. It is important to look at what, if anything, we are doing wrong.

At times, we just do not see the results right away. When trying to lose weight we reach plateaus and do not always see the results for our efforts. If you look back and realize you have done nothing wrong, do not worry. Just continue on the same path and you will see the results of your efforts.

This is true in other aspects of life as well. Sometimes when looking for a job we do not use the right kind of resume to highlight our strengths. We try a different fabric softener and our clothes are not as comfy. We try to quit smoking but continue to relapse. Most people do not quit smoking on their first attempt. We do not make a sale and have to call on another client. We face many disappointments in many areas but we can learn from our choices so we can make better choices in the future.

But at times it is beyond our control. Life doesn’t always give us what we want. It is that part of life that makes it great to be alive. Sure we get aggravated and frustrated at times, but if we keep a positive attitude we can overcome these hard times. I have had many trials and tribulations along the way but I keep the faith and keep on trucking. I know at times I may fall but I can pick myself up and brush off the dust. I will reach my goals and achieve a happier and healthier me. My weight loss may not be seen every time I weigh in, but as I press forward I will see the results I desire. One of my favorite sayings is one my Weight Watchers© instructor uses. She always says, “You CAN and WILL do it!”

I know I can and I believe in you as well. God will give us the strength to reach our dreams. I believe this is true. One of my favorite poems is:


I believe in the sun, even when it's not shining.
I believe in love, even when not feeling it.
I believe in God, even when He is silent.

May God’s Blessings Always Fall Down on You!

With God’s power working in us,
God can do much,
Much more than anything we can ask or imagine.

Ephesians 3:20

1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much for the inspiration. Our journey may not be an easy one, but we learn as we go. Like learning to walk when we were babies, we may fall down a lot, but we pick up ourselves and keep going until we have it mastered. @andreager on Twitter (please forgive me if my original post shows up afterall)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I really do appreciate them and I always try to visit your blog in return though sometimes it may take me a few days with my busy schedule. Thanks for your understanding.

Sing to the LORD, all the earth;
Proclaim good tidings of His salvation from day to day.

1 Chronicles 16:23

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...