Welcome

I have been on a journey to a happier and healthier lifestyle. In 2007, I was bed ridden due to an infection and although I was already obese, I gained more weight and topped out at 500 pounds. I began writing about health and fitness after I suffered Congestive Heart Failure and Respiratory Failure in February 2009. I currently have lost over 150 pounds and continue to walk toward my goals. I am a member of Weight Watchers and I am top contributor on the Weight Watchers site. Here is a link to my Weight Watchers blog. I hope my blogs inspire you and help you realize miracles do happen and your goals are achievable. Take care and God bless you.

Monday, November 15, 2010

What Was I Thinking!?!


Okay, it really wasn't the best week for me this past week. I had a slight gain of 1.2 pounds and I know looking back at that week now I didn't really eat properly. Sure I kept within my points for the week and I tracked every day. But, it was one of those weeks where I really didn't eat a lot of fruits and I could have exercised more. So when Wednesday got here and I stepped on that scale, there it was, a GAIN.

But that really isn't the worst of it. Afterward when I got home, what do I do? I go in the fridge and pull out the left over cheese dip my daughter made for her schoolmates and dig into it devouring way too much dip with way too many chips. (I just love her dip because it has just the right amount of fire to satisfy my taste buds.) Of course, this caused me to use all of my Weekly Points on the first day of the week with something that is totally non-nutritious and high in fat. Not only that, Thursday came and I decided I wouldn't eat as much but still went and ate some more cheese dip and chips. (Of course this time I did track it as my lunch and made sure I stayed within my Daily Points)

Sure I could blame my week's attitude on being sick and not feeling well but I don't think that was the cause either. Chips and dip are a trigger food for me and if they are around I tend to gobble them up. I had been doing well using Pringles Light chips because a serving is only 1 point and I can easily measure them out for my lunch, put them on my plate, and then put the rest of them away. As they say, out of sight, out of mind.

Of course as I am doing all of this eating, I am thinking, I'll make up for it this weekend and get in lots of activity points. Guess what? Didn't happen. I had a busy weekend and started and finished reading this really good book. So here I am on a Sunday night beating myself up for the mistakes I made last week. I have done well in keeping on track this weekend, I'm just afraid it is not going to be enough when my weigh in rolls around again on Wednesday.

So, I'm feeling a little discouraged right now but I know I have to put that behind me because there is really not a whole lot I can do to change the past. What I can do though is learn from this experience to give me strength the next time around, keep on track, eat more fruit, exercise, and do all the things I need to do today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I really do appreciate them and I always try to visit your blog in return though sometimes it may take me a few days with my busy schedule. Thanks for your understanding.

Sing to the LORD, all the earth;
Proclaim good tidings of His salvation from day to day.

1 Chronicles 16:23

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...