Welcome

I have been on a journey to a happier and healthier lifestyle. In 2007, I was bed ridden due to an infection and although I was already obese, I gained more weight and topped out at 500 pounds. I began writing about health and fitness after I suffered Congestive Heart Failure and Respiratory Failure in February 2009. I currently have lost over 150 pounds and continue to walk toward my goals. I am a member of Weight Watchers and I am top contributor on the Weight Watchers site. Here is a link to my Weight Watchers blog. I hope my blogs inspire you and help you realize miracles do happen and your goals are achievable. Take care and God bless you.

Monday, October 25, 2010

Blurt: Pump up that Motivation



Sometimes don’t you just wish there was a magic formula in a bottle where you could just pump out some motivation and feel energetic and enthusiastic. I know when I am feeling down and depressed I start to think of how to get motivated to do the things which are necessary to achieve my goals. I want to be healthy but at times I just stop caring. I feel like the world just stops turning. It is as though I do not exist, that I am unimportant. I start thinking of all the bad decisions I have made and how I should have done better. I feel like a failure, unable to push forward and live life. I find I lack motivation in all aspects of life. I throw my hands up in aggravation and frustration and wish for a quick end to my troubles. I feel the pain in my joints and my neck and my back. I know this is due to my weight and I put myself down for allowing myself to become this beast. I look back at the times in my life when I was thin and wonder why I did not continue to live that active and healthy lifestyle. It seems to become an endless cycle of self-pity I find difficult to escape.

It is in these moments I turn to God in prayer to find my motivation. I cry on his shoulder and let the feelings of inadequacy out. He is there to comfort me through my pain and then He reminds me of the many blessings in my life. I have a wonderful caring family. Although they are far away they are always there to lend their support. I have many true friends that will lend me an ear and are supportive in my goals. Every day I share my life with them and they are always there for me. He has put a roof over my head and food on my table. I can feel His love and His spirit fills my soul.

I begin to ponder all the good things I will have and feel once I have achieved my goal of weight loss, I will be healthier. This is my main motivation. I am doing it for me. Not for anyone else. I believe this is why I am so successful in my path to achieve my goals. I am not doing it for everybody else or any superficial reasons. I truly want to be healthy. I want to feel better. I want to be there for my children. I want to see them graduate, get married and have grandchildren. After coming close to death in February 2009, I found reasons to live. I am important. I do matter. I touch many lives and I do not want to make them feel the loss of losing me. I want to live and love and fulfill God’s plan for my life. He has given me a second chance and I do not want to blow it.

Next, I think about all the other advantages of achieving my goals. This helps keep me motivated. I will feel better. I will be able to do all of those fun things I used to be able to do. I love sports and playing them. I used to love to run and throw a Frisbee®. I love to play soccer. I love the outdoors and going on hiking trails. I once took a 500 mile trip on a one-speed bicycle through the Appalachian Mountains (read Blurt: Cycling in the Appalachian Mountains). I want to be active again. I want to be able to go to the store without riding on one of those electric carts or my wheelchair. I want to look thin and attractive again. I have not had anyone significant in my life since my divorce. I know it is due to my weight. I want to love again. I am a hopeless romantic. I want to be able to fit in those jeans again. I can already fit into many clothes I have not worn for a long time. I want to do so many things. This is what keeps me motivated.

Finally, I begin to pump my motivation by reaffirming I CAN and WILL do it. I will stay on my diet. I will achieve success. I will lose the weight. I will be healthy again. I must press forward to achieve my goals of weight loss. I will be able to walk, run and play again. I know I can. I have the support I need. God is there for me. My family and friends support me. I CAN and WILL do it. So can you. God bless you and I wish you continued success in your goals.

I believe in the sun, even when it's not shining
I believe in love, even when not feeling it
I believe in God, even when He is silent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I really do appreciate them and I always try to visit your blog in return though sometimes it may take me a few days with my busy schedule. Thanks for your understanding.

Sing to the LORD, all the earth;
Proclaim good tidings of His salvation from day to day.

1 Chronicles 16:23

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...