Welcome

I have been on a journey to a happier and healthier lifestyle. In 2007, I was bed ridden due to an infection and although I was already obese, I gained more weight and topped out at 500 pounds. I began writing about health and fitness after I suffered Congestive Heart Failure and Respiratory Failure in February 2009. I currently have lost over 150 pounds and continue to walk toward my goals. I am a member of Weight Watchers and I am top contributor on the Weight Watchers site. Here is a link to my Weight Watchers blog. I hope my blogs inspire you and help you realize miracles do happen and your goals are achievable. Take care and God bless you.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Lo-Cal Mexican Hash


This is one of my original recipes which I just absolutely love. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Lo-Cal Mexican Hash

Course: main meals
Weight Watchers POINTS® Value: 7
Servings: 4

Preparation Time: 5 min
Cooking Time: 15 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy

Ingredients

2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp black pepper
1 cup(s) onion(s)
20 slice(s) Ortega Pickled Jalapenos Sliced
1 cup(s) Oldman's Homemade Salsa (follow link)
1 cup(s) canned yellow corn
1 cup(s) canned diced tomatoes
1 pound(s) Turkey, ground, 93% lean/7% fat, raw
8 shell(s) Old El Paso® Shells Mini Taco Shell(s)
1/2 cup(s) fat-free sour cream

Instructions

dice onion and cook in fryng pan w/ olive oil over med heat for about 3-5 minutes

add ground turkey and cook until brown about 5 minutes

add black pepper, jalapenos, salsa, corn, and diced tomatoes

cover to simmer for about 5-8 minutes until vegetables are done stirring occasionally

serve with taco shells and sour cream

NOTE: If you like it hotter add more jalapenos


WEIGHT WATCHERS and POINTS are the registered trademarks of Weight Watchers International, Inc. You can find a link to their website in the sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I really do appreciate them and I always try to visit your blog in return though sometimes it may take me a few days with my busy schedule. Thanks for your understanding.

Sing to the LORD, all the earth;
Proclaim good tidings of His salvation from day to day.

1 Chronicles 16:23

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...