Welcome

I have been on a journey to a happier and healthier lifestyle. In 2007, I was bed ridden due to an infection and although I was already obese, I gained more weight and topped out at 500 pounds. I began writing about health and fitness after I suffered Congestive Heart Failure and Respiratory Failure in February 2009. I currently have lost over 150 pounds and continue to walk toward my goals. I am a member of Weight Watchers and I am top contributor on the Weight Watchers site. Here is a link to my Weight Watchers blog. I hope my blogs inspire you and help you realize miracles do happen and your goals are achievable. Take care and God bless you.

Monday, October 11, 2010

Blurt: We All Come Tumbling Down


Sometimes we make mistakes. We all fall short from time to time. It can be a hard road to travel and we will hit those bumps along the way. Some are pebbles and others are massive speed bumps. We try to climb that mountain but lose our grip. But if we have properly attached our safety rope, we will survive. Analyzing why we have failed can be our key to success in weight loss, addiction, and a healthy lifestyle. No one has ever started to learn calculus without first learning one plus one is two. Our failures can teach us what we need to do next time. As they say, “practice, practice, and practice.”

Do not listen to those folks that will say, “I knew you couldn’t do it.” They are just trying to bring themselves up by putting you down. They lack the self-esteem in their life to be able to accomplish their goals and want to bring you down with them. Ignore them, smile and just let it pass. For you know in your heart you can lose the weight, conquer your addiction, live a healthy lifestyle in order to succeed. It is too easy to get caught up in the moment and get upset with them and yourself. Just take a step back and tell yourself you failed but next time around you will make it. By doing so, you will crush their negativity and feel better. The best way to get back at these people is for you to succeed.

Why did I fail? What could I have done differently? How can I plan for this situation in the future? Who could have helped me in my time of crisis? How was I feeling when I made the decision to go off my diet? We all make bad choices at times. We may be depressed, angry, starving (we are starving not hungry, right?), lonely, excited, or just don’t give a hoot when we make those decisions. By exploring how we feel and asking ourselves questions, we can choose to do the right thing next time. We can plan for those times and negotiate a solution to stay on our diet and achieve our weight loss. It helps to journal those feelings as those moments arise so you can reference them later.

For me my weakness is salt. It is also especially bad for me. Maybe this is why I love it so much. I have always been a rebel at heart. I love the toes. You know, Fritos, Doritos, and Santitos, or any other chip will make my mouth water. It is an addiction for me. It is difficult for me to go out to eat Mexican and not chow down on those tortilla chips before, during and after the meal. (Thinking of Mexican, I guess I left out burritos.) But if I plan for the meal before I go out, I have a better chance of success. I try to look up menus online for the restaurants I frequent. That way I can make healthier choices and plan for those meals. I also will divide my meal in half and ask for a doggy bag.

A healthy lifestyle must include room for our mistakes. I know I will make them. I have failed in the past. I will fail in the future. I have overcome many addictions in my life. Every time I try to overcome and fail, I become stronger for the next time I make an effort. Living a healthy lifestyle is learning how to manage the addiction to certain foods. We all are addicted to food in a sense. We have to have it to survive. But we do not have to eat unhealthy foods. We can make the healthy choice to meet our weight loss goals. We can and will succeed. Knowing our weaknesses will help develop our strength. It is important to keep a positive attitude to remain motivated. We all come tumbling down, but we can pick ourselves up and brush off the dust and make it to the top of the mountain.

“Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning how to dance in the rain.”…Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. I really do appreciate them and I always try to visit your blog in return though sometimes it may take me a few days with my busy schedule. Thanks for your understanding.

Sing to the LORD, all the earth;
Proclaim good tidings of His salvation from day to day.

1 Chronicles 16:23

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...